This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix bootstrap on ppc64
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 20:19:18 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix bootstrap on ppc64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140819171737 dot GH14320 at redhat dot com>
On 08/19/2014 10:17 AM, Marek Polacek wrote:
> My recent patch broke bootstrap on ppc64, because, by default,
> char on ppc defaults to be an unsigned char. But the code relied
> on char being signed by default.
> Furthermore, the compat warning about // comments shouldn't be issued
> in C++ mode at all.
> Sorry about that.
> Bootstrapped on ppc64-linux, ok for trunk?
Also fixes aarch64. Ok.