This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[PATCH][0/7][ARM] Convert VFP mnemonics to UAL
- From: Kyrill Tkachov <kyrylo dot tkachov at arm dot com>
- To: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana dot radhakrishnan at arm dot com>, Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>
- Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 16:04:10 +0100
- Subject: [PATCH][0/7][ARM] Convert VFP mnemonics to UAL
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
This patch series converts the arm backend to output unified assembly
syntax for the VFP instructions.
This makes it more readable since most UAL mnemonics also include
various type suffixes such as .f32 and .f64 that quickly allow to
identify the data types being operated on.
Each patch is independent of the rest and can be applied in any order.
Bootstrapped and tested on arm-none-linux-gnueabihf with gas from
binutils 2.22 and newer.
Compiled various floating point benchmarks to make sure the binaries are
Ok for trunk?
gcc/config/arm/arm-protos.h | 2 +-
gcc/config/arm/arm.c | 12 ++++-
gcc/config/arm/arm.md | 2 +-
gcc/config/arm/vfp.md | 91
gcc/testsuite/gcc.target/arm/vfp-1.c | 68 ++++++++++++-------------
5 files changed, 93 insertions(+), 82 deletions(-)