This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, AArch64] Fix typo
- From: James Greenhalgh <james dot greenhalgh at arm dot com>
- To: Evandro Menezes <e dot menezes at samsung dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "'James Greenhalgh'" <jgreenhalgh at gcc dot gnu dot org>, richard dot earnshaw at arm dot com, marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com
- Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 17:36:11 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, AArch64] Fix typo
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <010d01cfb8a5$75436760$5fca3620$ at samsung dot com>
On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 05:24:58PM +0100, Evandro Menezes wrote:
> I tripped at a typo that goes undetected because the macro NAMED_PARAM
> doesn't apply in the absence of designated initializers.
> Since struct scale_addr_mode_cost has the cost for DI, but not for QI, the
> instances of struct cpu_addrcost_table are not initialized as intended due
> to the different order of the structure members.
Thanks for spotting and fixing this.
The ChangeLog entry should be added to gcc/ChangeLog, and should look
2014-08-14 Evandro Menezes <email@example.com>
* config/aarch64/aarch64.c (generic_addrcost_table): Initialize
elements in the correct order.
My fixes were:
* Two spaces between your name and email address.
* Name the structure/function/thing changed.
* Set the path relative to the ChangeLog being modified.
Otherwise, this patch looks correct to me. However, you will need approval
from an AArch64 port maintainer (For AArch64 this is Richard Earnshaw
or Marcus Shawcroft - both added to CC).