This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFC: Patch for switch elimination (PR 54742)
- From: David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, Sebastian Pop <sebpop at gmail dot com>, Steve Ellcey <sellcey at mips dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, james dot greenhalgh at arm dot com, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 12:12:49 -0400
- Subject: Re: RFC: Patch for switch elimination (PR 54742)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1407865606 dot 2601 dot 74 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <53EA5D74 dot 9020809 at redhat dot com> <47b32a49-298e-44f0-b84b-b8f664847a67 at email dot android dot com> <53EA7BD0 dot 1030901 at redhat dot com> <1407883486 dot 2601 dot 86 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <20140813205519 dot GB23343 at instance-1 dot c dot bardezibar dot internal> <53EBD365 dot 4040100 at redhat dot com> <CAFiYyc2UKX74WKeE5e2tyKqmRbW5K4j4KbG0Fwgb+8iMYMTCiA at mail dot gmail dot com> <53ECDC13 dot 8090808 at redhat dot com>
On Thu, 2014-08-14 at 09:56 -0600, Jeff Law wrote:
> On 08/14/14 04:32, Richard Biener wrote:
> >> You'll note in a separate thread Steve and I discussed this during Cauldron
> >> and it was at my recommendation Steve resurrected his proof of concept
> >> plugin and started beating it into shape.
> > But do we really want a pass just to help coremark?
> And that's the biggest argument against Steve's work. In theory it
> should be applicable to other FSMs, but nobody's come forth with
> additional testcases from real world applications.
Maybe a regex library? Perhaps: