This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Don't set dir prefix twice (PR middle-end/60484)
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Joey Ye <joey dot ye dot cc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 12:36:22 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Don't set dir prefix twice (PR middle-end/60484)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140314173827 dot GC6523 at redhat dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1403141742460 dot 23673 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CAL0py27vTejJLWFPGyqeebFVCyu=OqjFOJBm53BO4dzNgwXpmQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 7:34 AM, Joey Ye <email@example.com> wrote:
> PR60484 is marked as 4.7/4.8 regression and it is reported against 4.8
> recently by an user.
> OK backporting to 4.7/4.8?
The 4.7 branch is closed.
> - Joey
> On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 1:43 AM, Joseph S. Myers
> <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, 14 Mar 2014, Marek Polacek wrote:
>>> This patch makes sure that we set the directory prefix of
>>> dump_base_name only once, otherwise we'd end up with invalid path,
>>> resulting in error: could not open dump file ...
>>> This happened because finish_options is called for every optimize
>>> attribute and once more for command line options and every time it
>>> added the directory prefix.
>>> Regtested/bootstrapped on x86_64-linux, ok for trunk?
>> OK, though I think it might be better to use separate fields of
>> gcc_options for the originally specified name and the prefixed version.
>> Joseph S. Myers