This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Don't set dir prefix twice (PR middle-end/60484)
- From: Joey Ye <joey dot ye dot cc at gmail dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 13:34:48 +0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Don't set dir prefix twice (PR middle-end/60484)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140314173827 dot GC6523 at redhat dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1403141742460 dot 23673 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
PR60484 is marked as 4.7/4.8 regression and it is reported against 4.8
recently by an user.
OK backporting to 4.7/4.8?
On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 1:43 AM, Joseph S. Myers
> On Fri, 14 Mar 2014, Marek Polacek wrote:
>> This patch makes sure that we set the directory prefix of
>> dump_base_name only once, otherwise we'd end up with invalid path,
>> resulting in error: could not open dump file ...
>> This happened because finish_options is called for every optimize
>> attribute and once more for command line options and every time it
>> added the directory prefix.
>> Regtested/bootstrapped on x86_64-linux, ok for trunk?
> OK, though I think it might be better to use separate fields of
> gcc_options for the originally specified name and the prefixed version.
> Joseph S. Myers