This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] cygwin: fix --tsaware, add --large-address-aware
- From: Kai Tietz <ktietz70 at googlemail dot com>
- To: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowi at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Gcc Patch List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 09:48:57 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] cygwin: fix --tsaware, add --large-address-aware
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53EAF450 dot 3070600 at redhat dot com>
2014-08-13 7:14 GMT+02:00 Yaakov Selkowitz <email@example.com>:
> This patch fixes two issues with LINK_SPEC on Cygwin targets:
> 1) --tsaware makes sense only for EXEs, not DLLs.
> 2) Under WoW64 (32-bit Cygwin on 64-bit Windows), Cygwin applications can
> access up to 4 GiB of address space (for DLLs, Cygwin heap, mmap()s, etc.)
> if they are linked with --large-address-aware. Because of how Cygwin
> implements fork(), the ability to use this extra space is a huge benefit.
> This flag too is only for EXEs, not DLLs.
> Patch attached.
> Yaakov Selkowitz
> Associate Software Engineer, ARM
> Red Hat, Inc.
patch is ok. I will apply it for you today.