This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C PATCH] Discard P - (P + CST) optimization in pointer_diff (PR c/61240)
- From: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- To: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 10:28:13 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [C PATCH] Discard P - (P + CST) optimization in pointer_diff (PR c/61240)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140804101856 dot GB24292 at redhat dot com> <alpine dot LSU dot 2 dot 11 dot 1408041224210 dot 20733 at zhemvz dot fhfr dot qr> <20140804113836 dot GD24292 at redhat dot com> <alpine dot LSU dot 2 dot 11 dot 1408041404040 dot 20733 at zhemvz dot fhfr dot qr> <20140805143652 dot GG24292 at redhat dot com> <53E13B1D dot 5050401 at redhat dot com> <20140806082219 dot GI24292 at redhat dot com> <20140806082629 dot GA7393 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <20140806082915 dot GJ24292 at redhat dot com>
On Wed, 6 Aug 2014, Marek Polacek wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 06, 2014 at 10:26:29AM +0200, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> > Well, if you are going to implement it in fwprop AND fold-const, then the
> > natural place to fix that would be in *.pd on the match-and-simplify branch.
> True. So I guess I'll have to put this one on hold for a while...
You can restrict it to fold-const.c for now. I really hope to get
match-and-simplify into mergeable state this month.