This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
PING â Re: [Patch, Fortran] -fcoarray=lib - support CRITICAL, prepare for locking support
- From: Tobias Burnus <burnus at net-b dot de>
- To: Alessandro Fanfarillo <fanfarillo dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gfortran <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 08:46:05 +0200
- Subject: PING â Re: [Patch, Fortran] -fcoarray=lib - support CRITICAL, prepare for locking support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53D6B479 dot 7020905 at net-b dot de> <CAHqFgjX2c3=5uVekNMLwpzmpzW6bDOK6kezxREXKjv2wrgr0iw at mail dot gmail dot com>
* PING * â of the patch with the obvious change mentioned by Alessandro
(i.e. using "if(is_lock_type)")?
On 1 August 2014 21:57, Alessandro Fanfarillo wrote:
I was implementing lock/unlock on the library side when I found a
possible problem in the patch:
if (is_lock_type == GFC_CAF_CRITICAL)
+ reg_type = sym->attr.artificial ? GFC_CAF_CRITICAL : GFC_CAF_LOCK_STATIC;
+ reg_type = GFC_CAF_COARRAY_STATIC;
the if statement cannot be true since is_lock_type is a boolean and
GFC_CAF_CRITICAL is 4.
Using if (is_lock_type) it produces the right result for the lock registration.
2014-07-28 14:37 GMT-06:00 Tobias Burnus <email@example.com>:
This patch implements -fcoarray=lib support for CRITICAL blocks and includes
some preparatory work for locking. In particular:
* Updated the documentation for locking/critical, minor cleanup. The patch
goes on top of the unreviewed patch
* Add libcaf_single implementation for lock/unlock
* Add lock/unlock calls for CRITICAL
* Register static/SAVEd locking variables and locking variables for critical
Build and currently regtesting on x86-64-gnu-linux.
OK when it regtested successfully?
* * *
Still to be done as follow up:
* Handling the registering of lock-type components in statically allocated
* Handling the registering of lock-type variables and components with
allocate and with implicit/explicit deallocate
* Calling lock/unlock function for those
* Test case for locking and critical blocks
Other coarray to-do items:
* Type-conversion test case missing
* Vector subscript library implementation + test cases
* Extending the documentation
* Issues with striding for coarray components of derived types
* Nonallocatable polymophic coarrays and select type/associated
* Allocatable/pointer components of coarrays; co_reduce and co_broadcast