This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 04/50] caller-save.c:add_used_regs
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, rdsandiford at googlemail dot com
- Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 14:54:40 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 04/50] caller-save.c:add_used_regs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87y4v5d77q dot fsf at googlemail dot com> <87ha1td6qy dot fsf at googlemail dot com>
On 08/03/14 07:48, Richard Sandiford wrote:
As noted in https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2014-02/msg01391.html
a bitmap-related cleanup turned add_used_regs_1 into a no-op for pseudo
registers, because the result of:
regno = reg_renumber[regno];
is never used. This patch does as Steven requested and adds an
assert that no allocated pseudos are seen here.
* caller-save.c: Include rtl-iter.h.
(add_used_regs): Use FOR_EACH_SUBRTX rather than for_each_rtx
to iterate over subrtxes. Assert that any remaining pseudos
have been spilled.