This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Update catch(...) handlers to deal with __forced_unwind
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely at redhat dot com>
- To: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, libstdc++ <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 19:55:01 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch] Update catch(...) handlers to deal with __forced_unwind
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFULd4aoWvH_Gg9hLpfvBRwoZhiyqOT2sxE+grHoTdxT_+NGoA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140606091959 dot GA30729 at redhat dot com> <CAFULd4a_aDtarKL3CrbV7Mq1e_yRbAYeu3bnJtzAWkFgjUkdLQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140606143107 dot GC30729 at redhat dot com> <CAFULd4ZR-Sg_5=NJh8v958bHVygmBB5YWqfvC9Q_ZeP9oTq2+A at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAH6eHdTvCLR6xKRvVypHm+Wnr+jkC0UsuLjN=AWH+PGpttKHsw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAFULd4YhL0gyXbX3n5jK2qjhfAv1xG=D19sr+_XfqBzY=g-9UQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 04/08/14 19:59 +0200, Uros Bizjak wrote:
On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 7:29 PM, Jonathan Wakely <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Uros, would backporting this to the 4.9 branch cause problems for alpha?
No, I don't think so. The problem was identified as glibc bug that was
fixed almost a year ago for 2.18.
I assume since the change is already on trunk and the glibc bug is
already fixed that putting it on the 4.9 branch wouldn't make things
any worse than they are now?
No. As said before, it is not gcc's fault.
Great - committed to the 4.9 branch.