This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][Ping v5] Add patch for debugging compiler ICEs
- From: Yury Gribov <y dot gribov at samsung dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Maxim Ostapenko <m dot ostapenko at partner dot samsung dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Slava Garbuzov <v dot garbuzov at samsung dot com>, tsaunders at mozilla dot com, Maxim Ostapenko <chefmax7 at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2014 10:30:46 +0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][Ping v5] Add patch for debugging compiler ICEs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53BFEA3C dot 6090309 at partner dot samsung dot com> <53D0FE80 dot 8070903 at partner dot samsung dot com> <20140801080018 dot GE7393 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <53DB4C1E dot 3040900 at samsung dot com> <20140801155357 dot GJ7393 at tucnak dot redhat dot com>
On 08/01/2014 07:53 PM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
I think we should use David Malcolm's approach i.e. add some --report-bug
to driver. This could be enabled by default at configure time via
-freport-bug or whatever we call it should not be, at least if it attempts
to communicate over the network, should not be required though, lots of
people do e.g. package builds in various chroots etc. and you really don't
want to perform any network activity from there.
Oh sure, the actual "backend" of --report-bug could vary from just
generating the repro and storing it in /tmp (what your patch did in the
to David's full blown automatic Bugzilla submission.