This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] convert many pointer_map to hash_map
- From: Oleg Endo <oleg dot endo at t-online dot de>
- To: Trevor Saunders <tsaunders at mozilla dot com>
- Cc: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 19:00:10 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] convert many pointer_map to hash_map
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1406889295-22653-1-git-send-email-tsaunders at mozilla dot com> <CAFiYyc0NOnuqzhHe=hNWpqzfKVawyj2pQKQbMYS5Oy3cfuaNEw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140802113410 dot GB26489 at tsaunders-iceball dot corp dot tor1 dot mozilla dot com> <1406993922 dot 14383 dot 118 dot camel at yam-132-YW-E178-FTW> <20140802155816 dot GC26489 at tsaunders-iceball dot corp dot tor1 dot mozilla dot com>
On 02 Aug 2014, at 17:58, Trevor Saunders <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 02, 2014 at 05:38:42PM +0200, Oleg Endo wrote:
>> On Sat, 2014-08-02 at 07:34 -0400, Trevor Saunders wrote:
>>> On Fri, Aug 01, 2014 at 12:52:08PM +0200, Richard Biener wrote:
>>>> On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 12:34 PM, <email@example.com> wrote:
>>>>> From: Trevor Saunders <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>>>> This patch replaces a bunch of usage of pointer_map with hash_map. It also
>>>>> adds an overload to hash_map::traverse that allows modifying the value, and a
>>>>> remove method.
>>>>> bootstrapped + regtested on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, ok?
>>> committed as r213517 thanks for the review.
>> Either r213517 or r213516 is causing the following on my sh-elf setup
>> (i686 host) when doing 'make all':
> I'd guess that its r213517, and for at least one of the hash maps we're
> leaking what the entries point at. Can you try compiling that file
> under valgrind? if not I can try in a couple hours.
I think you'll be faster than me.