This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][Ping v5] Add patch for debugging compiler ICEs
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Maxim Ostapenko <m dot ostapenko at partner dot samsung dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Yury Gribov <y dot gribov at samsung dot com>, Slava Garbuzov <v dot garbuzov at samsung dot com>, tsaunders at mozilla dot com, Maxim Ostapenko <chefmax7 at gmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 10:00:18 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][Ping v5] Add patch for debugging compiler ICEs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53BFEA3C dot 6090309 at partner dot samsung dot com> <53D0FE80 dot 8070903 at partner dot samsung dot com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 04:39:28PM +0400, Maxim Ostapenko wrote:
Don't want to review a patch I wrote partially, so just a few comments:
1) IMHO it should be configure time selectable (not sure about the default,
but for non-release branches IMHO it should default to off, for release
branches I don't know). The point is that while it is useful for
people to report gcc bugs in production compilers, it is not useful for
gcc developers on their boxes, having ICEs take 3 times as long is not
desirable for people who deal with those all the time
2) recently a bug has been reported that some ICEs which print RTL
to stderr are considered non-reproduceable, because the addresses e.g.
in call_insn fndecl change through address space randomization. For the
retries the driver should supposedly append -fdump-noaddr.