This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch for constexpr variable templates
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Braden Obrzut <admin at maniacsvault dot net>
- Cc: Adam Butcher <adam at jessamine dot co dot uk>, Andrew Sutton <andrew dot n dot sutton at gmail dot com>, Ed Smith-Rowland <3dw4rd at verizon dot net>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 08:53:06 -0400
- Subject: Re: Patch for constexpr variable templates
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53CCFBEF dot 9080804 at verizon dot net> <53CDD522 dot 9040508 at maniacsvault dot net> <53D172E4 dot 9020902 at redhat dot com> <53D242FD dot 70002 at maniacsvault dot net> <53D2CB20 dot 1090201 at redhat dot com> <53D352F7 dot 7040402 at maniacsvault dot net> <53D3D34A dot 9080009 at redhat dot com> <53D3D3D9 dot 9000102 at redhat dot com> <0d580e6525100d13a49b2c9327c727f8 at imap dot force9 dot net> <CANq5SytLmkHuCF916K_QG31PTovq1Hir5Q76dJmY8Zce76R0Cg at mail dot gmail dot com> <280a4c80527b753476c274f90ab92fa6 at imap dot force9 dot net> <53D5B03D dot 1010300 at maniacsvault dot net> <53D688DE dot 6020001 at redhat dot com> <53D78C0B dot 10701 at maniacsvault dot net> <53D9591B dot 9020402 at redhat dot com> <53D964B3 dot 4070201 at maniacsvault dot net>
On 07/30/2014 05:33 PM, Braden Obrzut wrote:
On 07/30/2014 04:44 PM, Jason Merrill wrote:
Why not do this in cp_parser_id_expression?
I did mention this in the original mail, is this definitely the way it
should be done?
In the original mail you mentioned doing it in cp_parser_template_id; I
agree that we probably don't want to do it there because of the
complications you are seeing. I was thinking about doing it when we
normally resolve an id-expression that refers to a variable, once we
know we're looking at an expression and not a declarator-id. But I
think my suggestion of cp_parser_id_expression was wrong, and it would
be better in finish_id_expression.