This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[patch, ping] fix build failure of x86_64-mingw32, missing crtbegin/crtend.o
- From: Olivier Hainque <hainque at adacore dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 15:32:27 +0200
- Subject: [patch, ping] fix build failure of x86_64-mingw32, missing crtbegin/crtend.o
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <50DDEC04-E806-4487-94AA-11689F5EB922 at adacore dot com>
Ping for https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2014-07/msg00237.html
Thanks in advance for your feedback,
With Kind Regards,
On Jul 3, 2014, at 16:57 , Olivier Hainque <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> From gcc/i386/config/mingw32.h, STARTFILE_SPEC and ENDFILE_SPEC include
> crtbegin.o and crtend.o unconditionally.
> libgcc/config.host includes crtbegin.o and crtend.o in extra_parts for
> i86-*-mingw* but not for x86_64-*-mingw*.
> Building a toolchain for x86_64-pc-mingw32 then rapidly fails with complaints
> about crtbegin.o and crtend.o missing.
> This patch is a proposal to fix this by adding the objects to extra_parts,
> as well as i386/t-cygming to tmake_file so rules are available to build the
> Tested by verifying that a build with --target=x86_64-pc-mingw32
> proceeds to completion after the change.
> OK to commit ?
> Thanks in advance for your feedback,
> With Kind Regards,
> 2014-07-02 Olivier Hainque <email@example.com>
> * config.host (x86_64-*-mingw*): Add i386/t-cygming to tmake_file
> and crtbegin.o + crtend.o to extra_parts.