This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 2/2] allow running mklog as a filter
- From: Trevor Saunders <tsaunders at mozilla dot com>
- To: Yury Gribov <y dot gribov at samsung dot com>
- Cc: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Trevor Saunders <tbsaunde at mozilla dot com>
- Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 10:34:37 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] allow running mklog as a filter
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1398737468-6981-1-git-send-email-tsaunders at mozilla dot com> <1398737468-6981-3-git-send-email-tsaunders at mozilla dot com> <535F362F dot 10700 at samsung dot com> <20140429101611 dot GB6192 at tsaunders-iceball dot corp dot tor1 dot mozilla dot com> <CAD_=9DTTNzY0Rj=tD_JX8AoxQNydAmEQU-bAWAHSZo2EntoayA at mail dot gmail dot com> <53CCC5F1 dot 6070103 at samsung dot com> <20140721085532 dot GA1067 at tsaunders-iceball dot corp dot tor1 dot mozilla dot com> <53D5F0EB dot 90101 at samsung dot com> <20140728110144 dot GA17678 at tsaunders-iceball dot corp dot tor1 dot mozilla dot com> <53D65E42 dot 9070902 at samsung dot com>
On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 06:29:22PM +0400, Yury Gribov wrote:
> On 07/28/2014 03:01 PM, Trevor Saunders wrote:
> >>Yeah. Do you have some particular complaints btw?
> >I haven't actually used it in a while, but istr there's an issue where
> >if you change the prototype of a function mklog makes an entry for the
> >previous function.
> I think this is because mklog relies on markers generated by diff -p
> (like @@ -96,20 +108,22 @@ bitmap_descriptor (const char *file, int line,
> const char *function)).
> Diff will indeed report old name instead of the new one.
that was my guess as well, I imagine it can be fixed with enough work,
but given my limited use of mklog so far I haven't tried to fix it.
> >Automatically inserting likewise where it would be appropriate would be
> >nice, but fairly hard I suspect.
> This depends on the actual use-case. For tests and deleted files this
> should be relatively straightforward but probably not very useful.
yeah, I forget exactly what mklog does now for created / removed files,
but making it take care of those on its own would be nice. You might
also be able to deal with function renaming fairly well with some