This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 2/2] allow running mklog as a filter
- From: Trevor Saunders <tsaunders at mozilla dot com>
- To: Yury Gribov <y dot gribov at samsung dot com>
- Cc: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Trevor Saunders <tbsaunde at mozilla dot com>
- Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 07:01:44 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] allow running mklog as a filter
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1398737468-6981-1-git-send-email-tsaunders at mozilla dot com> <1398737468-6981-3-git-send-email-tsaunders at mozilla dot com> <535F362F dot 10700 at samsung dot com> <20140429101611 dot GB6192 at tsaunders-iceball dot corp dot tor1 dot mozilla dot com> <CAD_=9DTTNzY0Rj=tD_JX8AoxQNydAmEQU-bAWAHSZo2EntoayA at mail dot gmail dot com> <53CCC5F1 dot 6070103 at samsung dot com> <20140721085532 dot GA1067 at tsaunders-iceball dot corp dot tor1 dot mozilla dot com> <53D5F0EB dot 90101 at samsung dot com>
On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 10:42:51AM +0400, Yury Gribov wrote:
> On 07/21/2014 12:55 PM, Trevor Saunders wrote:
> >I'm not really sure which is the better UI,
> >but I'd rather time be spent
> >on better automatic change log generation.
> Yeah. Do you have some particular complaints btw?
I haven't actually used it in a while, but istr there's an issue where
if you change the prototype of a function mklog makes an entry for the
Automatically inserting likewise where it would be appropriate would be
nice, but fairly hard I suspect.
> >I may or may not hope we'll
> >eventually have a mklog that can autogenerate most ChangeLogs and then
> >people will have a hard time arguing they're useful.
> I wonder how many GCC developers actually use the script (our team does).
Not sure. I actually haven't used it ina while because I've mostly been
generating patches where it was easier to do one entry for a ton of
files so it was easier to generate that with git diff and sed.