This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch for constexpr variable templates
- From: Braden Obrzut <admin at maniacsvault dot net>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, Ed Smith-Rowland <3dw4rd at verizon dot net>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Andrew Sutton <andrew dot n dot sutton at gmail dot com>
- Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 03:04:23 -0400
- Subject: Re: Patch for constexpr variable templates
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53CCFBEF dot 9080804 at verizon dot net> <53CDD522 dot 9040508 at maniacsvault dot net> <53D172E4 dot 9020902 at redhat dot com> <53D242FD dot 70002 at maniacsvault dot net> <53D2CB20 dot 1090201 at redhat dot com>
Ed, I looked into partial specializations and it looks like, while not
trivial, it would be easy enough for me to do them. However, it is not
required for concepts (which can not be specialized), so should I fix
them for this patch or as a separate patch later?
On 07/25/2014 05:24 PM, Jason Merrill wrote:
Tests like g++.dg/cpp1y/pr59638.C produce extra failures if this is
changed. Is there something I'm supposed to do to account for that?
Fair enough, but in that case let's use 'sorry' rather then 'error' to
be clear that it's a missing feature.
- Braden Obrzut