This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [AArch64/GCC][17/N] Optimize prologue when there is no frame pointe
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: Jiong Wang <jiong dot wang at arm dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 15:45:38 +0100
- Subject: Re: [AArch64/GCC][17/N] Optimize prologue when there is no frame pointe
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53D0FF7E dot 1070309 at arm dot com>
On 24 July 2014 13:43, Jiong Wang <email@example.com> wrote:
> Under new pro/epi code, we could also utilize our store write-back to
> stack adjustment when there is no frame pointer.
> * if there is candidate reg pair and adjustment amount is less than 512 then
> could use aarch64's paired store write-back.
> * if there is only a single candidate reg and adjustment amount is less than
> we could use aarch64's single store write-back.
> * otherwise use explictly subtraction to finish stack adjustment.
> Improved testcases:
OK and committed.