This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][sched-deps] Generalise usage of macro fusion to work on any two insns
- From: Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim dot kuvyrkov at linaro dot org>
- To: Kyrill Tkachov <kyrylo dot tkachov at arm dot com>
- Cc: Alexander Monakov <amonakov at ispras dot ru>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Ramana Radhakrishnan <Ramana dot Radhakrishnan at arm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 11:10:30 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][sched-deps] Generalise usage of macro fusion to work on any two insns
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53AD2B65 dot 6030406 at arm dot com> <53B1CB16 dot 10206 at redhat dot com> <53BE4804 dot 4010709 at arm dot com> <094CE8DC-1AF8-44E2-BCF6-63811F8A4835 at linaro dot org> <53BFDC57 dot 9070003 at arm dot com> <alpine dot LNX dot 2 dot 00 dot 1407111717400 dot 16459 at monopod dot intra dot ispras dot ru> <53C3AA6D dot 1060405 at arm dot com> <53D0CDC5 dot 3040401 at arm dot com>
On Jul 24, 2014, at 10:11 AM, Kyrill Tkachov <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 14/07/14 11:01, Kyrill Tkachov wrote:
>> On 11/07/14 14:20, Alexander Monakov wrote:
>>> On Fri, 11 Jul 2014, Kyrill Tkachov wrote:
>>>> On 10/07/14 22:53, Maxim Kuvyrkov wrote:
>>>>> The patch looks good to me, but some cleanup suggestions below.
>>>> Thanks, here's an updated patch.
>>>> How's this?
>>> You need to remove 'if (targetm. ...) SCHED_GROUP_P (insn) = 1;' from the
>>> first if branch, keeping only one SCHED_GROUP_P assignment at the end of the
>> Thanks for the pointer, I had hurried a bit.
>> Here is the updated patch.
I have reviewed the latest version of your patch and it is perfectly fine with me. You need to wait for an ack from the official maintainer to commit your patch.
>> 2014-07-14 Ramana Radhakrishnan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> Kyrylo Tkachov <email@example.com>
>> * sched-deps.c (try_group_insn): Generalise macro fusion hook usage
>> to any two insns. Update comment. Rename to sched_macro_fuse_insns.
>> (sched_analyze_insn): Update use of try_group_insn to
>> * config/i386/i386.c (ix86_macro_fusion_pair_p): Reject 2nd arguments
>> that are not conditional jumps.