This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch for constexpr variable templates
- From: Ed Smith-Rowland <3dw4rd at verizon dot net>
- To: Braden Obrzut <admin at maniacsvault dot net>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Andrew Sutton <andrew dot n dot sutton at gmail dot com>, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 10:28:07 -0400
- Subject: Re: Patch for constexpr variable templates
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53CCFBEF dot 9080804 at verizon dot net> <53CDD522 dot 9040508 at maniacsvault dot net>
Great work on this. In addition to helping with constraints there is at
least one new library feature that depends on constexpr variable templates.
For my two cents it would be good to get just the constexpr variable
templates, aka n3651, in now as a first stage - it's quite usable.
But someday we'll want non-constexpr too. I have only seen a sentence
somewhere stating that non-constexpr variable templates are allowed but
have seen no paper or wording anywhere. Does anyone know where such exists?