This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] gcc/toplev.c: Avoid to close 'asm_out_file' when it is 'stdout'
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Chen Gang <gang dot chen dot 5i5j at gmail dot com>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, rth at redhat dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 21:44:54 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] gcc/toplev.c: Avoid to close 'asm_out_file' when it is 'stdout'
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53CD3617 dot 2000503 at gmail dot com>
On 07/21/14 09:47, Chen Gang wrote:
What exactly is the problem with closing stdout at this point? In
general, you need to state the problem you're trying to fix with your patch.
'asm_out_file' may be 'stdout', so need check this case before close it.
Or 'stdout' may be closed -- since need not open 'stdout', either need
not close it.
* topleve.c (finalize): Avoid to close 'asm_out_file' when it is