This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: a new libgcov interface: __gcov_dump_all
- From: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at acm dot org>
- To: Xinliang David Li <davidxl at google dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 20:42:52 +0100
- Subject: Re: a new libgcov interface: __gcov_dump_all
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAkRFZLuXyevU9xUmq1AFKEq+JjTH-G=Oe0pWWY=MkkxMR5jHA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 07/18/14 22:41, Xinliang David Li wrote:
Hi, the following patch implements a new dumper interface to allow
dumping of profile data for all instrumented shared libraries.
For good reasons, existing libgcov implements the dumping on a
per-shared library basis (i.e., gcov_exit is hidden, gcov_list is file
static). This allows each shared library's profile data to be dumped
independently with separate summary data. The downside is that there
is no interface that can be invoked to dump profile data for all
This seems like useful functionality, but I don't think this is the right way to
do this. You're duplicating the gcov info object chain. Why can't you expose
gcov_list from gcov-driver.c (possibly with a different name, of course?