This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, rs6000, v2] Fix ELFv2 homogeneous float aggregate ABI bug
- From: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 12:27:57 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, rs6000, v2] Fix ELFv2 homogeneous float aggregate ABI bug
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <201407141852 dot s6EIqmOw008657 at d06av02 dot portsmouth dot uk dot ibm dot com>
On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 2:52 PM, Ulrich Weigand <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> this patch updates the prior version:
> to add a -Wpsabi note as discussed.
> (We may need to change the "GCC 4.10" string if the next release turns out
> to get a different name ...)
> In a testsuite run, this note triggers only in those two ABI compat suite
> test cases mentioned in the previous patch email (only on ELFv2, of course).
> Tested on powerpc64le-linux.
> OK for mainline?
> * config/rs6000/rs6000.c (rs6000_function_arg): If a float argument
> does not fit fully into floating-point registers, and there is still
> space in the register parameter area, use GPRs to pass those parts
> of the argument. Issue -Wpsabi note if any parameter is now treated
> differently than before.
> (rs6000_arg_partial_bytes): Update.
> * gcc.target/powerpc/ppc64-abi-warn-2.c: New test.
This patch is okay.