This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, rs6000] Fix many powerpc*-linux ASAN test suite failures
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 11:23:58 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, rs6000] Fix many powerpc*-linux ASAN test suite failures
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1405464182 dot 4285 dot 24 dot camel at otta> <CAGWvnykbyQ+ghA5_BtDUjUYbCLdOyYhr4w=djJnhAwOSz5HkmQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 05:18:06AM -0400, David Edelsohn wrote:
> > This passed bootstrap and regtesting on powerpc64-linux with no regressions.
> > Ok for mainline?
> > Peter
> > * config.gcc (powerpc*-*-linux*): Include gnu-user.h in tm_file.
> > * config/rs6000/sysv4.h (CC!_SPEC): Undefine it before defining it.
> Typo in ChangeLog (CC!)?
> This seems weird. Why wasn't this file included before or whenever it
> was added for other *-linux targets? This seems to define SPECs that
> should have been necessary before now.
All other Linux targets where asan is supported got the right definitions
from gnu-user.h, it was needed even on the older release branches.
As including gnu-user.h there might be too risky for the release branches,
perhaps it would be better to copy the LIB[AT]SAN* macros from gnu-user.h
to say rs6000/linux.h or rs6000/linux64.h on the release branches (and in 4.8 also