This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PR preprocessor/60723 - missing system-ness marks for macro
- From: Dodji Seketeli <dodji at redhat dot com>
- To: Nicholas Ormrod <nicholas dot ormrod at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Manuel LÃpez-IbÃÃez <lopezibanez at gmail dot com>, "christophe dot lyon\ at st dot com" <christophe dot lyon at st dot com>
- Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 19:29:26 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR preprocessor/60723 - missing system-ness marks for macro
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87d2du4xsu dot fsf at redhat dot com> <53ADD6C2 dot 9030200 at redhat dot com> <877g3uo6cq dot fsf at redhat dot com> <COL129-W8177087E5B88848923A685F5010 at phx dot gbl> <871tu1fhjh dot fsf at redhat dot com> <53B9991D dot 7090401 at redhat dot com> <871ttt8l8l dot fsf at redhat dot com> <53BEE945 dot 6080905 at redhat dot com> <COL129-W1075313420ECA1F5B19737F50E0 at phx dot gbl>
Nicholas Ormrod <email@example.com> writes:
> If you are also going to fix the locations of built-in tokens, it
> would also be worth adjusting their expansion locations. As mentioned
> in the bug report, built-in tokens are expanded at the closing paren
> of a macro call, whereas non-built-in tokens are expanded at the
> opening paren. This is weird.
Yes it is weird.
>From what I understood while looking at this, this is also a separate
issue that ought to be addressed in a separate patch with a separate
test case. I'll look at that.