This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][www] disallow /git/ in robots.txt
- From: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- Cc: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 09:55:55 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][www] disallow /git/ in robots.txt
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot LSU dot 2 dot 11 dot 1407150945320 dot 19154 at zhemvz dot fhfr dot qr> <alpine dot LSU dot 2 dot 11 dot 1407150952560 dot 6423 at tuna dot site>
On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 09:54:02AM +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jul 2014, Richard Biener wrote:
> > Seems like somebody is mirroring gitweb urls.
> > 2014-07-15 Richard Biener <email@example.com>
> > * robots.txt: Disallow /git/
> Makes sense. (I checked, and we already block /svn and /viewcvs.)
> How did you find out?
Many people, including me, saw that git pull fails due to high load.