This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] libstdc++: add uniform on sphere distribution
- From: Ed Smith-Rowland <3dw4rd at verizon dot net>
- To: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>, Ulrich Drepper <drepper at gmail dot com>
- Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 09:55:07 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] libstdc++: add uniform on sphere distribution
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
> are these dummy implementations intended?
Yes. There is no state. The only parameter is the dimensionality
which is a template parameter.
We do often serialize underlying helper distributions, in your case the
normal distribution _M_n.
While the normal distribution mean and stddev are trivial for your case
(not actually needing serialization)
the normal distribution has these _M_saved, etc. shat we should store.
So I would just serialize _M_n here.
This is a great distribution.
Are you looking at the normal distribution equivalent of these?