This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Generate more efficient memory barriers for LEON3
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Daniel Cederman <cederman at gaisler dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Software <software at gaisler dot com>
- Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 11:18:44 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Generate more efficient memory barriers for LEON3
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53AAB0AF dot 5060802 at gaisler dot com> <15616175 dot 35bbqlivPE at polaris> <53BFBB67 dot 5010105 at gaisler dot com>
> That was an error on my side. The wrong memory model had gotten cached
> in a generated make script. Lets drop membar_leon3 also then :)
Fine with me but, on second thoughts, if a mere "stb" is a #StoreLoad memory
barrier for LEON3, doesn't this simply mean that the memory model of the LEON3
is Strong Consistency and not TSO? In which case, the only thing to change is
the default setting for LEON3 in sparc_option_override.