This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fwd: [RFC][gomp4] Offloading patches (2/3): Add tables generation
- From: Ilya Verbin <iverbin at gmail dot com>
- To: Bernd Schmidt <bernds at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Thomas Schwinge <thomas at codesourcery dot com>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>, Kirill Yukhin <kirill dot yukhin at gmail dot com>, Andrey Turetskiy <andrey dot turetskiy at gmail dot com>, Ilya Tocar <tocarip dot intel at gmail dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Nathan Sidwell <nathan_sidwell at mentor dot com>
- Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 22:24:16 +0400
- Subject: Re: Fwd: [RFC][gomp4] Offloading patches (2/3): Add tables generation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CADG=Z0HE6AudmZuQK2vWz+E4fh8PnqoJ-aq9GXjZXgn-ZRW0kw at mail dot gmail dot com> <5310B791 dot 1000703 at codesourcery dot com> <20140617182018 dot GA28422 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <53A09586 dot 4060504 at codesourcery dot com> <20140618141341 dot GA35121 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <53A1A0C2 dot 4000907 at codesourcery dot com> <20140619101902 dot GB35121 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <53AD1E09 dot 4010803 at codesourcery dot com> <20140707145036 dot GA19896 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <53BAB6AB dot 5000004 at codesourcery dot com>
On 07 Jul 17:03, Bernd Schmidt wrote:
> Is libgomp the only problematic one? (Does the accel compiler even
> need one?) It seems to be installed in /usr/lib rather than in a
> gcc-specific directory, which is a little surprising to me. It may
> be necessary to give the accel compiler a different sysroot to avoid
> library clashes.
In the MIC case, not only libgomp is the problematic one. Since, in general,
all libraries can be compiled for the MIC target, which can have an instruction
set that differs from the host's.
When mkoffload runs the accel compiler, it sets the LIBRARY_PATH env var,
telling where to find the libraries. So, the question is how to specify this
installation directory for the accel's libraries during the configuration?
I tried the --libdir option for configure, but it affects only 'lib', but doesn't
affect 'lib64', because the path to 64 bit libs is determined in configure by
executing `$CC -print-multi-os-directory`, which returns "../lib64".
Probably I should somehow modify the spec string, so that under
ifdef ACCEL_COMPILER the multilib_os_dir will contain "../lib64/gcc/triplet",
instead of "../lib64"?