This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix bootstrap with ICL
- From: Andi Kleen <andi at firstfloor dot org>
- To: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- Cc: Andi Kleen <andi at firstfloor dot org>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 19:33:57 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix bootstrap with ICL
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140709040157 dot GA11969 at basil dot fritz dot box> <7B350BFE-1CF8-4FA7-80DB-5273580AE2B9 at comcast dot net>
On Wed, Jul 09, 2014 at 10:17:01AM -0700, Mike Stump wrote:
> On Jul 8, 2014, at 9:01 PM, Andi Kleen <email@example.com> wrote:
> > With ICL enabled and an LTO boot strap the ICL build always errors
> > out due to -Werror=maybe-undefined. The following patch fixes
> > the LTO build for me by initializing the variables in question.
> > All warnings were false positives as far as I can tell.
> I know of at least one programmer that uses the intelligence in the compiler to catch coding bugs with these sorts of warnings (or at least, the non-lto version of these warnings).
I'm not saying they never catch bugs, just that they didn't catch any
in ICL (from my limited code review).
firstname.lastname@example.org -- Speaking for myself only.