This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix bootstrap with ICL
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: Andi Kleen <andi at firstfloor dot org>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 10:17:01 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix bootstrap with ICL
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140709040157 dot GA11969 at basil dot fritz dot box>
On Jul 8, 2014, at 9:01 PM, Andi Kleen <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> With ICL enabled and an LTO boot strap the ICL build always errors
> out due to -Werror=maybe-undefined. The following patch fixes
> the LTO build for me by initializing the variables in question.
> All warnings were false positives as far as I can tell.
I know of at least one programmer that uses the intelligence in the compiler to catch coding bugs with these sorts of warnings (or at least, the non-lto version of these warnings).