This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 4.9][AArch64] Backport 211892: PR/60825 Make float64x1_t in arm_neon.h a proper vector type
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Alan Lawrence <alan dot lawrence at arm dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 13:39:28 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 4.9][AArch64] Backport 211892: PR/60825 Make float64x1_t in arm_neon.h a proper vector type
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53BBD5F6 dot 9080809 at arm dot com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 12:28:54PM +0100, Alan Lawrence wrote:
> This corrects name-mangling of float64x1_t and makes it a distinct type from
> float64_t, as per ACLE - the error mentioned in the "Caveats" section at
> (Only) Changes from the original patch are to remove references to
> __builtin_aarch64_im_lane_boundsi and the update to the ext_f64_1.c
> testcase, both of which were introduced in r211058
> (http://pdtlreviewboard.cambridge.arm.com/r/1339/) which is not being
> backported. This means that out-of-bounds lane indices will be silently
> ignored (the implementation just uses lane 0) rather than raising an error
> message as in mainline.
If any of the changes are ABI changes, then IMHO we shouldn't apply it to
release branch, better keep 4.9.0 ABI compatible with 4.9.1.