This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Add patch for debugging compiler ICEs
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: James Greenhalgh <james dot greenhalgh at arm dot com>
- Cc: Maxim Ostapenko <m dot ostapenko at partner dot samsung dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Yury Gribov <y dot gribov at samsung dot com>, Slava Garbuzov <v dot garbuzov at samsung dot com>, "tsaunders at mozilla dot com" <tsaunders at mozilla dot com>, "chefmax7 at gmail dot com" <chefmax7 at gmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 17:21:09 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add patch for debugging compiler ICEs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <538C966A dot 707 at partner dot samsung dot com> <20140704151331 dot GA30816 at arm dot com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Fri, Jul 04, 2014 at 04:13:31PM +0100, James Greenhalgh wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 02, 2014 at 04:21:14PM +0100, Maxim Ostapenko wrote:
> > Hi,
> > A years ago there was a discussion (https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2004-01/msg02437.html) about debugging compiler ICEs that resulted in a patch from Jakub, which dumps
> > useful information into temporary file, but for some reasons this patch wasn't applied to trunk.
> > This is the resurrected patch with added GCC version information into generated repro file.
> How can I test this patch?
> I tried applying it and injecting a segmentation fault in to the AArch64 CPU
> option parsing code, but I didn't see anything new when the ICE was triggered.
> What am I doing wrong?
It is a driver patch, so you get something only when you invoke the driver,
not when compiling with cc1 or cc1plus etc. directly.
Just pick up any known ICE from bugzilla and try it...