This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, GCC/Thumb-1]Mishandle the label type insn in function thumb1_reorg
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: "Bin.Cheng" <amker dot cheng at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Terry Guo <Terry dot Guo at arm dot com>, gcc-patches List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Ramana Radhakrishnan <Ramana dot Radhakrishnan at arm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 10:43:10 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch, GCC/Thumb-1]Mishandle the label type insn in function thumb1_reorg
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <000701cf84a1$1ed04340$5c70c9c0$ at arm dot com> <53A14E3C dot 7010208 at arm dot com> <000b01cf8ad5$f58b7be0$e0a273a0$ at arm dot com> <CAHFci286=UQVm9R2HzE6MxB8nanFWJSuCaqY52+T1DDQcjTQBA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 04/07/14 10:36, Bin.Cheng wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 10:16 AM, Terry Guo <email@example.com> wrote:
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: Richard Earnshaw
>>> Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 4:31 PM
>>> To: Terry Guo
>>> Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org; Ramana Radhakrishnan
>>> Subject: Re: [Patch, GCC/Thumb-1]Mishandle the label type insn in function
>>> On 10/06/14 12:42, Terry Guo wrote:
>>>> Hi There,
>>>> The thumb1_reorg function use macro INSN_CODE to find expected
>>>> But the macro INSN_CODE doesn't work for label type instruction. The
>>>> INSN_CODE(label_insn) will return the label number. When we have a lot
>>>> labels and current label_insn is the first insn of basic block, the
>>>> INSN_CODE(label_insn) could accidentally equal to
>>>> in this case. This leads to ICE due to SET_SRC(label_insn) in subsequent
>>>> code. In general we should skip all such improper insns. This is the purpose
>>>> of attached small patch.
>>>> Some failures in recent gcc regression test on thumb1 target are caused by
>>>> this reason. So with this patch, all of them passed and no new failures. Is
>>>> it ok to trunk?
>>>> 2014-06-10 Terry Guo <email@example.com>
>>>> * config/arm/arm.c (thumb1_reorg): Move to next basic block if the
>>>> of current basic block isn't a proper insn.
>>> I think you should just test that "insn != BB_HEAD (bb)". The loop
>>> immediately above this deals with the !NON-DEBUG insns, so the logic is
>>> confusing the way you've written it.
>> Thanks for comments. The patch is updated and tested. No more ICE. Is this one OK?
> The bug is also reported for 4.9 branch at
> As far as I checked, the ICE is also caused by label instruction as in
> this message thread.
> Since the fix is on trunk more than two weeks, could we back port it
> to 4.9 branch?
Yes, unless an RM objects within 24 hours.