This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Don't run guality.exp tests with LTO_TORTURE_OPTIONS.
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Mark Wielaard <mjw at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>, Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>
- Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 22:14:00 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Don't run guality.exp tests with LTO_TORTURE_OPTIONS.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1404295545-17107-1-git-send-email-mjw at redhat dot com> <53B49076 dot 8050005 at redhat dot com> <20140703053713 dot GZ31640 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <b305ae42-a9e9-42ce-bd9b-d3e444bc3441 at email dot android dot com> <20140703075536 dot GB31640 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <30d70fa5-e04b-4526-8e32-fa01298baa24 at email dot android dot com> <20140703183814 dot GJ31640 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <0a86fabc-9388-4b11-89c6-fc09f6b4d9af at email dot android dot com> <1404417875 dot 3766 dot 76 dot camel at bordewijk dot wildebeest dot org>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Thu, Jul 03, 2014 at 10:04:35PM +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-07-03 at 21:52 +0200, Richard Biener wrote:
> > On July 3, 2014 8:38:14 PM CEST, Jakub Jelinek <email@example.com> wrote:
> > >On Thu, Jul 03, 2014 at 08:37:07PM +0200, Richard Biener wrote:
> > >> Well, simply removing the regression testing for LTO is a
> > >maintainance nightmare as well.
> > >>
> > >> The guality testsuite is very noisy anyway with all the xfail and
> > >xpass.
> > >
> > >Let's keep it as is then?
> > That works for me.
> I don't find that very satisfactory. I want to add more guality tests,
> but the fact that they are unreliable and by default introduce even more
> FAILs when lto is enabled makes that not very attractive. I do like
> Jakub's suggestion to disable the guality tests be run with lto by
> default, but provide an environment variable to enable them for those
> that want to try them anyway. Shall I implement that?
They aren't that unrealiable (at least, if people committing patches don't
ignore regressions in there). Just one should diff contrib/test_summary
output from earlier builds to the latest, that way it is clear what is a
regression and what is not.