This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [AArch64,PATCH] Refactor acquire/release determination into output template
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: "Jones, Joel" <Joel dot Jones at caviumnetworks dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 09:35:20 +0100
- Subject: Re: [AArch64,PATCH] Refactor acquire/release determination into output template
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <92B71FDE-F4D5-43D6-9BAF-23D5DC02850A at caviumnetworks dot com>
On 4 June 2014 01:07, Jones, Joel <Joel.Jones@caviumnetworks.com> wrote:
> There is duplicate code for determining whether a load or store
> instruction needs acquire or release semantics. This patch removes the duplicated code and uses a modifying operator to output a/l instead. Since the testsuite already contains tests for the atomic functions, no new testcases are needed.
> OK? Built and tested for aarch64-elf using Cavium's internal simulator with no regressions.
> Joel Jones
There are a limited number of single character output modifiers. I'd
rather not consume the available character space if it isn't
necessary, therefore I prefer not to restructure the code in the
manner proposed by this patch.