This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: More informative ODR warnings
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: Nathan Froyd <froydnj at mozilla dot com>
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 11:09:17 -0700
- Subject: Re: More informative ODR warnings
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140702151520 dot GB28874 at kam dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <672977475 dot 2957597 dot 1404323560823 dot JavaMail dot zimbra at mozilla dot com>
On Jul 2, 2014, at 10:52 AM, Nathan Froyd <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> ----- Original Message -----
>> /aux/hubicka/firefox/netwerk/sctp/datachannel/DataChannel.h:64:0: warning:
>> field ‘mSpa’ (of type ‘struct BufferedMsg’) violates one definition rule
> Can we reword this warning? The "of type 'struct BufferedMsg'" could be easily taken to mean that the type of the field is 'struct BufferedMsg', rather than the intended meaning. Perhaps "within type 'struct BufferedMsg’"?
type is redundant with struct, all structs are types, so "within ‘struct” would be slightly shorter, as would just “in ‘struct”.