This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix ICE on old style init of derived components
- From: Tobias Burnus <tobias dot burnus at physik dot fu-berlin dot de>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 10:47:01 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix ICE on old style init of derived components
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> As the testcase shows, we ICE on old style initialization of derived type
> components. ifort also rejects these, I think it doesn't make sense to
> support such initializations of derived type components.
Side remark: Cray ftn also rejects it, while PGI's compiler accepts it.
> Bootstrapped/regtested on x86_64-linux and i686-linux, ok for trunk/4.9?
Looks good to me. Thanks!
> 2014-07-02 Jakub Jelinek <email@example.com>
> Fritz Reese <Reese-Fritz@zai.com>
> * decl.c (variable_decl): Reject old style initialization
> for derived type components.
> * gfortran.dg/oldstyle_5.f: New test.