This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fix finding reg-sets of call insn in collect_fn_hard_reg_usage
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Tom de Vries <Tom_deVries at mentor dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 10:32:14 +0200
- Subject: Re: Fix finding reg-sets of call insn in collect_fn_hard_reg_usage
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53A30AB7 dot 1060800 at mentor dot com> <53A3127E dot 1060409 at redhat dot com> <53AD3783 dot 2000500 at mentor dot com>
> So in order to known whether it's safe and optimal to use regs_ever_live
> instead, the question is whether the passes after pass_free_cfg (are allowed
> to) add or remove sets or clobbers of call_really_used_regs. I don't know
> the full answer there.
pass_machine_reorg is run after pass_free_cfg and it can do pretty much what
it wants so I'd think that the answer is yes.