This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[patch] Honor the vxworks options overrides on VxWorksae
- From: Olivier Hainque <hainque at adacore dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Olivier Hainque <hainque at adacore dot com>, nathan at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 15:29:34 +0200
- Subject: [patch] Honor the vxworks options overrides on VxWorksae
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
The vxworks_override_option code is general enough to apply to both regular
VxWorks and VxWorksAE configurations.
The VxWorksAE configuration files miss the triggering bits, however, with
various kinds of consequences. One example is -fPIC being accepted without
-mrtp, while it should be rejected by
/* PIC is only supported for RTPs. */
if (flag_pic && !TARGET_VXWORKS_RTP)
error ("PIC is only supported for RTPs");
The attached patch fixes this by defining VXWORKS_OVERRIDE_OPTIONS for AE as
for the regular vxworks targets.
Tested by verifying that the port still builds after the change, and
that -fPIC without -mrtp is rejected as it should.
OK to commit ?
Thanks in advance,
With Kind Regards
2014-05-30 Olivier Hainque <email@example.com>
* config/vxworksae.h (VXWORKS_OVERRIDE_OPTIONS): Define.