This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Convert XCOFF ASM_DECLARE_FUNCTION_NAME to function
- From: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 22:43:59 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Convert XCOFF ASM_DECLARE_FUNCTION_NAME to function
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGWvnynj3EoL5h5bwAWVWgKGmikbyz5ELGcsrXexybqar3Td_A at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140624185315 dot GD5997 at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <CAGWvnymXgxLMX40X7k-HbswO-bsUZ5PG6xdoY-O8OnC_vdM8Zw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140625222341 dot GA23328 at kam dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 6:23 PM, Jan Hubicka <email@example.com> wrote:
> We do not need TOC references, but we need to output aliases there and for that
> we need to know the declaratoin, so I need to introduce DECLARE_OBJECT_NAME.
> I will look into it either tonight or later this week.
> Thanks for the patch :)
All uses in varasm.c are
last_assemble_variable_decl = decl;
ASM_DECLARE_OBJECT_NAME (file, name, decl);
/* Standard thing is just output label for the object. */
ASM_OUTPUT_LABEL (file, name);
#endif /* ASM_DECLARE_OBJECT_NAME */
A simple LABEL should be correct for AIX assembler; there is no
additional decoration. Are you planning a new use of
ASM_DECLARE_OBJECT_NAME that requires a definition instead of the