This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix parts of PR61607
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 12:28:16 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix parts of PR61607
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot LSU dot 2 dot 11 dot 1406251602360 dot 29270 at zhemvz dot fhfr dot qr>
On 06/25/14 08:05, Richard Biener wrote:
This removes restrictions in DOM cprop_operand that inhibit
some optimizations. The volatile pointer thing is really realy
old and no longer necessary while the loop-depth consideration
is only valid for loop-closed PHI nodes (but we're not in
loop-closed SSA in DOM) - the coalescing is handled in out-of-SSA
phase by inserting copies appropriately.
Bootstrapped on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, ok?
2014-06-25 Richard Biener <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* tree-ssa-dom.c (cprop_operand): Remove restriction on
propagating volatile pointers and on loop depth.
The first hunk is OK.
I thought we had tests for the do not copy propagate out of a loop nest
in the suite. Did you check that tests in BZ 19038 still generate good
code after this change? If we still generate good code for those tests,
then this hunk is fine too.