This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 3/3] add hash_map class
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Trevor Saunders <tsaunders at mozilla dot com>,Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Cc: Martin LiÅka <mliska at suse dot cz>,gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 21:31:52 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/3] add hash_map class
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1403261538-884-1-git-send-email-tsaunders at mozilla dot com> <1403261538-884-3-git-send-email-tsaunders at mozilla dot com> <53A96F41 dot 4080301 at suse dot cz> <20140624182349 dot GB5997 at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <20140624191634 dot GB24913 at tsaunders-iceball dot corp dot tor1 dot mozilla dot com>
On June 24, 2014 9:16:34 PM CEST, Trevor Saunders <email@example.com> wrote:
>On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 08:23:49PM +0200, Jan Hubicka wrote:
>> > On 06/20/2014 12:52 PM, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
>> > >From: Trevor Saunders <email@example.com>
>> > >
>> > >Hi,
>> > >
>> > >This patch adds a hash_map class so we can consolidate the boiler
>> > >using hash_table as a map, it also allows us to get rid of
>pointer_map which I
>> > >do in this patch by converting its users to hash_map.
>> > Hello Trev,
>> > I like your changes! One small question about pointer_set, which
>is unable of deletion of items. Do you plan to migrate and simplify
>hash_map to be a replacement for pointer_set?
>> Note that pointer-map use in LTO is quite performance critical. It
>would be good to double
>> check that the new use of hash does not produce slower code.
>I believe the compiled code should be very similar, but I'll do some
>measuring to check.
More important is memory use.