This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch i386]: Combine memory and indirect jump
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Kai Tietz <ktietz70 at googlemail dot com>
- Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 13:36:26 -0600
- Subject: Re: [patch i386]: Combine memory and indirect jump
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAEwic4brJeBvoe+J5ss=Qo+=qoo-=2nV0FnjdUxBhm-fV4aqeQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CABu31nNwUoLaAo0QcD-3O1QYhBWpLsYuH0cMS-XOgz2W+8KMAA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAEwic4Zwd4HECD+kxtkouyA3Urbyzh2NFar7kZ5XLdNnUK9w6A at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAEwic4anzQysfHqfQGgKF_Hu-c_hLY+mkWr2CzERVe=gQ5AWRw at mail dot gmail dot com> <539B1A7F dot 8020200 at redhat dot com> <539B1F1E dot 3000809 at redhat dot com> <539B1FA4 dot 4070803 at redhat dot com> <CAEwic4aDiZ_42ddHSKjoLHhrb6oMhds1p0jJZQHFMFc6x4_DfQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <53A0964B dot 4040304 at redhat dot com> <CAEwic4aELa35-+vaivscNz3vTpAEAxb+FHRj2ODtM8VmNSGyPA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 06/17/14 14:35, Kai Tietz wrote:
I just did retest my testcase with recent source. I can't reproduce
this missed optimization before sched2 pass anymore. I moved second
peephole2 pass just before split_before_sched2 and everything got
Let's go with this if your idea of using a define_split doesn't work out.
To remove first peephole2 pass seems to cause weaker code for
impossible pushes, etc
Doesn't hurt to try and as you say, if we can avoid a 2nd peep2 pass,
Nevertheless it might be a point to make this new peephole instead a
define_split? I admit that this operation isn't a split, nevertheless
we would avoid a second peephole pass.