This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] improve sloc assignment on bind_expr entry/exit code
- From: Olivier Hainque <hainque at adacore dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Olivier Hainque <hainque at adacore dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 09:42:13 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] improve sloc assignment on bind_expr entry/exit code
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <AAC8E9CE-E38F-485B-A8F5-4FD136A73408 at adacore dot com> <53A0A84F dot 9020709 at redhat dot com>
On Jun 17, 2014, at 22:42 , Jeff Law <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> * tree-core.h (tree_block): Add an "end_locus" field, allowing
>> memorization of the end of block source location.
>> * tree.h (BLOCK_SOURCE_END_LOCATION): New accessor.
>> * gimplify.c (gimplify_bind_expr): Propagate the block start and
>> end source location info we have on the block entry/exit code we
Great, thanks! :-)
> I assume y'all will add a suitable test to the Ada testsuite and propagate it into the GCC testsuite in due course?
Yes, I will. At the patch submission time, I was unclear on what dejagnu
device was available to setup a reliable testing protocol for this kind of
issue and I was interested in getting feedback on the patch contents first.
ISTM that dg-scan-asm for the expected extra .loc's would work, maybe
restricted to some target we know produces .loc directives.
Sounds appropriate ?
Thanks again for your feedback,