This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, ARM] MI-thunk fix for TARGET_THUMB1_ONLY
- From: Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana dot gcc at googlemail dot com>
- To: Chung-Lin Tang <cltang at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>, Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana dot radhakrishnan at arm dot com>, Julian Brown <julian at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 23:26:18 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, ARM] MI-thunk fix for TARGET_THUMB1_ONLY
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5394488D dot 6060806 at codesourcery dot com>
- Reply-to: ramrad01 at arm dot com
On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 12:27 PM, Chung-Lin Tang <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hi Richard, Ramana,
> Attached is a small fix for resolving a g++.old-deja/g++.jason/thunk2.C
> regression we found under a TARGET_THUMB1_ONLY multilib (-mthumb
> -march=armv6-m to be exact). Basically under those conditions, the thunk
> is in Thumb mode, so the subtraction should be 4 rather than 8.
Yep, this is OK with a minor change to the comment to make it more explicit.
>+ /* Output ".word .LTHUNKn--.LTHUNKPCn". */
Ok with that change and if no regressions.
OK for release branches unless the RM's object in 24 hours.
It would be nice to see if we could rewrite the mi thunk code like
other backends but that's the matter of a separate patch.
> Original patch was by Julian, with trivial adaptations for trunk by me.
> We've been carrying this fix for a while by now. Okay for trunk? (and
> stable branches?)
> 2014-06-08 Julian Brown <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Chung-Lin Tang <email@example.com>
> * config/arm/arm.c (arm_output_mi_thunk): Fix offset for
> TARGET_THUMB1_ONLY. Add comments.