This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 1/5] New Identical Code Folding IPA pass
- From: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- To: mliska <mliska at suse dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, hubicka at ucw dot cz
- Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 22:09:41 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/5] New Identical Code Folding IPA pass
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <c5c2463c07186b4ba35b10f3063ecdd8f8d46d63 dot 1402913001 dot git dot mliska at suse dot cz>
On 13/06/14 12:24, mliska wrote:
In terms of C++ testcases, I'm wondering if you already double checked
that the new pass already does well on the typical examples on which, I
was told, the Microsoft optimization is known to do well, eg, code
instantiating std::vector for different pointer types, or even long and
long long on x86_64-linux, things like that.
The optimization is inspired by Microsoft /OPT:ICF optimization (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bxwfs976.aspx) that merges COMDAT sections with each function reside in a separate section.