This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [ARM] Fix build failure due to movsi_compare0 (PR 61430)
- From: Chung-Lin Tang <chunglin_tang at mentor dot com>
- To: James Greenhalgh <james dot greenhalgh at arm dot com>, Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Chung-Lin Tang <cltang at codesourcery dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>, Ramana Radhakrishnan <Ramana dot Radhakrishnan at arm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 18:00:47 +0800
- Subject: Re: [ARM] Fix build failure due to movsi_compare0 (PR 61430)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1402482739-4549-1-git-send-email-james dot greenhalgh at arm dot com> <53988F3B dot 20509 at codesourcery dot com> <539B2AF5 dot 9010604 at redhat dot com> <20140616095528 dot GA24148 at arm dot com>
On 14/6/16 5:55 PM, James Greenhalgh wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 05:46:45PM +0100, Vladimir Makarov wrote:
>> On 2014-06-11, 1:17 PM, Chung-Lin Tang wrote:
>>> Looking at this too, as an LRA exercise. I don't really think the
>>> pattern is wrong, rather LRA should just avoid creating the copy in this
>>> case; it's a result of operand constraining, after all.
>>> Attached is the small LRA patch, pending testing. Vladimir should weight
>>> in on this.
>> The patch is safe and ok. Thanks for working on it, Chung-Lin.
> As this patch fixes a build failure on ARM I'd like to have it applied
> today. If I don't hear anything which would stop me, I'll commit this on
> Chung-Lin's behalf in a few hours.
I just committed it, after a testsuite run on x86_64 (to be sure). And
thanks to James for doing the ARM tests.
>>> * ira-lives.c (process_bb_lives): Skip creating copy during
>>> insn sca when src/dest has constrained to same regno.